Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Miss Rodeo America Mid-Year Meeting

Viva Las Vegas! I was thrilled to have had the opportunity to attend this year’s Miss Rodeo America Mid-Year Meeting. Usually Miss Rodeo America’s schedule does not allow her to attend, so it was a special treat for me to have the chance to be on hand for the meeting.

Thank you to the Miss Rodeo America volunteers, National Advisory Council members, National Directors, Miss Rodeo America Scholarship Foundation board members, and the Executive Board members who traveled to Las Vegas for the meetings. The Miss Rodeo America organization is truly blessed to have such dedicated, wonderful volunteers. I had great time seeing everyone again, sharing stories of my travels, and weighing in on the discussions about the 2011 pageant.

The “big news” of the weekend was the increase in scholarships for the top ten finalists and Miss Rodeo America at the 2011 Pageant. I cannot say thank you enough to the Scholarship Foundation for all of their work to continually increase the scholarship opportunities for the MRA Pageant Contestants. Other new “news” about the pageant will be discussed in the upcoming Miss Rodeo America Newsletters, so be on the lookout.

In addition to the Mid-Year meetings, while I was in Las Vegas I also had the opportunity to attend the PBR World Cup Red Carpet event and the Academy of Country Music Awards. Thank you to Wrangler Jeans and Shirts for making it possible for me to attend the ACMs! I had a fabulous time with the Miss Rodeo America group at the ACMs. The show was the best I’ve seen in Las Vegas, well maybe except the Miss Rodeo America Fashion Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment